Sunday, July 2, 2017

Butterfly Thanks

Hello friends!  Well, my stay-cation comes to an end tomorrow morning.  I do NOT want to go back to work, but that’s life!  In the meantime, I ended my relaxing week by spending time with some of my stamping friends on Saturday, just stamping and talking and having a nice time!  I made a special effort yesterday to use stamps and dies that I’ve purchased recently and haven’t used, so the beautiful Papillon and Papillon Patterns stamps and dies I recently got from The Stamp Market were on my agenda, and I made this card…

Butterfly Thanks

I used a color combo that I had saved on Pinterest, and found two challenges to use in the making of my card.  First was the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #294, however I turned my design vertical.  And the second challenge was the current Cas-ual Fridays #177 Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.  I started on the top left corner (butterflies), and went diagonal also incorporating a tag and texture (the embossing on the butterfly). 

FMS Final 294-00117636872_1441560335868112_6551650012930091439_o

The sentiment on my tag is from the Thanks stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I completed my design with some black sequins (thanks to my friend Kirsty for those!) and some gray linen thread on the tag.  (Other products used include Pierced Traditional Tags STAX, Pierced Rectangle STAX, Blueprints 12, and BG Whimsical Woodgrain background stamp all from My Favorite Things.)

Have a great upcoming week, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card Tammy...I love it!

Amy O said...

I love that beautiful, bold butterfly against the pretty backgrounds you've created. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

JanR said...

So lovely! Wonderful colours too! Hope getting back to work isn't too tough on you. :-)

Jen Timko said...

This is a winning color combination for sure! Love the tag element for the sketch!! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!